Being an international financial centre and with a free economic system, low tax rate and comprehensive infrastructure and supporting trade services, Hong Kong attracts investors from all around the world. Lots of investors have registered their trademarks in Hong Kong in order to protect their brands and enhance their competitiveness.
Matters to be Considered before Filing an Application
- Is it distinctive?
- Is it a description of your goods and services?
- Details are placed on public record to create corporate transparency; and
- Is it a well known term in your line of business?
Required Information and Documents
- Corporation Applicant: Business Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation;
- Individual Applicant: Identity documents and address proof; and
- Trademark image.
Trademark Registration Flow
- Trademark Search;
- Initial Application;
- Substantive Examination;
- Publication; and
- Issuance of Certificate.
Duration of Application
The registration is valid for 10 years.
Renewal application for 10 years may be submitted 6 months before the expiry.