The potential benefits of a properly structured offshore company are numerous.
Offshore companies offer benefits to an existing business or to an individual on a multitude of levels: offshore asset protection, confidentiality, enhanced privacy, tax savings or simply growing your business outside of the Hong Kong.
Conducting business and undertaking banking transactions in the name of a legal entity, such as an offshore corporation, provides significant privacy and confidentiality benefits. The names of the officers, directors and shareholders can be excluded from the company’s documentation in many jurisdictions. Most offshore financial centres will not divulge the beneficial owners or officers within the offshore corporations, to a third party.
- Asset protection: The placing of assets into offshore corporations and overseas legal structures can provide a strong layer of protection from future liabilities. By having trusts, investments or bank accounts and other assets owned by your offshore corporation, it makes tracking them down via an asset search difficult. Offshore companies provide highly effective asset protection and effectively screen your finances from public view.
- Legal protection through incorporation offshore: Forming an offshore company and having assets held by the overseas company means they are no longer associated with your name. If a legal opponent is pursuing a legal action against you, it typically involves an asset search to make sure there will be money to pay out, in the event a judgment is awarded against you. Therefore, your assets can be effectively shielded from legal opponents, judge and court rulings simply by incorporating offshore.
- Tax Optimisation: One of the main offshore company benefits is that they are generally “tax neutral” meaning they are often tax exempt in the country of incorporation or they pay a low or nil effective rate of taxation when used as a holding company receiving dividend income for instance. Properly structured and administered, this may result in a reduction, delay or even complete elimination of the tax burden.
- Simplicity: One often overlooked offshore company benefit is the relative simplicity of the setting up an offshore company and thereafter maintaining it. Offshore company formation in many jurisdictions is a quick and seamless process and we aim to make this process as simple as possible. After incorporation an offshore company benefits from more flexible regulations in terms of accounting requirements and public fillings compared to “onshore” companies.
RENOWNED OFFSHORE LOCATIONS WE OFFERED
- The British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands